I notice there's a strong hormonal correlation with the Shakti. It seems that the force in me is a lot stronger during my period, the few days leading up to it, and about a week after I begin to bleed.
I feel fierce. I need a LOT more sex, I feel like energy is going to shoot out of my eyeballs and hands, and the spinal energy is up and running, and on the rampage. I feel like Kali Herself. I can quite see how that imagery, the Goddess with the knife, riding the tiger, came about. Hinduism is uniquely perceptive of female power. The Goddess in all Her forms, is venerated, nothing is shied away from.
During that time, I become capable of ecstatic God-communion, during sex. The desire and lust falls away, and the heart opens.
In the West, she has been made into a division, divide and conquer, split in half, the Virgin and the Whore. Both equally untouchable. Both equally desired and despised.
The Whore (the Sacred Houri in Islam), is perhaps the most misunderstood and feared of all of Her Forms. The Sacred Prostitute is one who is willing to hold nothing back, recieves all in equal Grace, and transforms all with her alchemical power. The Sacred Whore doesn't do tricks for cash, she is far more healing, loving, giving, and any man will tell you the power in being fully accepted by a woman. The Whore can really receive, no fear of penetration, or Oedipal hangups about fucking 'dad'. Mature women are rare.
And feared equally by both sexes.
The Goddess is real, by the way, not just a convenient metaphor.
So what is 'Shakti'? Shakti, as well as being the transpersonal Female Form of God, is the personal Kundalini force, or natural Chi, in a person's body. In itself, nothing spiritual, but it lays the foundations to real development into the more advanced and mature stages of human life.
Once the Kundalini has truly been awakened, by an agent such as a Guru or Master, or a process such as Reiki, then the body can begin to adapt and transform, in preparation for the descent of Spirit baptism.
I have had many such initiations, from many different Adepts, Mother Meera, Mother Amma, GuruMayi, ShantiMayi, various Reiki schools, I could go on.
For the spiritual seeker, it's hard to learn discrimination between a genuine Adept, a 'Siddha', one with genuine spiritual powers, and just a somebody who has had a Kundalini awakening, and can manipulate Chi force, sometimes to quite dramatic effect. It's hard for the Kundalini-awakened person to sometimes bring the humility of discriminitive intelligence to their pratice also, and so there are many people that don't realize that they are in fact only in the beginning stages of Wakefulness. Such is when the seeker encounters ego in the one who is 'supposed' to be Enlightened, and many are turned off by encounters with people who abuse, don't own their sexuality, money karmas, etc.
But there is the genuine Master, always there to be found by the more than curious. To become engaged in real Tantric practices, you have to have reached an inner crisis of sometimes epic proportions, you have to have realized that ordinary life will not work out. "When the student is ready, the Master appears".
That is when Grace will find you. Are you ready to start that journey?

Post a Comment