Latest Movie :

Another State Allows Marriage for Same-Sex Couples!

The Legislature in the State of Washington is scheduled to pass a Marriage Equality Bill today and the Governor is planning to sign it. The State Senate passed the bill yesterday and the House of Representatives has apparently already passed the same bill. They need to take one more vote so the Bill will be officially considered a single piece of legislation for the Governor to sign.

The State of Washington will be the SEVENTH state plus the District of Columbia to extend equal marriage rights for same-sex couples!

I'm proud to live in the first state in the U.S. (Massachusetts) to allow same-sex couples to marry. This was on May 17, 2004.

Many of you have probably already seen this, but I want to post this video again to celebrate. After we posted the video this past summer, we got an email from the "producer/writer/star" thanking us for sharing this (gay) version of Lady Gaga's song, The Edge of Glory, and we've reprinted the email he sent us below.


Name*:Jason O'Ffill
Email*:rebelwthcause@gmail.com
Subject:The (Gay) Edge of Glory
Message*:Hello All,

My name is Jason O’Ffill. I am the producer/writer/star of “The (Gay) Edge of Glory”. I wanted to personally say thank you to you, for being among the first people to not only post the video; but blog about it as well. It really means the world. In three weeks we have reached 270,000 views. And in all honesty I could never have done it without your help.

The main reason I am writing to you today is, well, I want to really push the video. I have gotten letters from around the world, as far as China and close as Nebraska. All from young people, old people, people. Telling me how a single video showed them that love is amazing. They want to be married. And in a lot of cases, it helped them realize it was okay to be gay.

I want to break the walls we have set up and show the youth of the world that it is okay to be who you are. Cause in the end that is what is important. And while not everyone in this world, gay or straight; wants to be married. We all want to be loved. A basic human need. The positive feeling the video has evoked I want to keep providing. And pushing. If you can help me with this I would greatly appreciate it.

My focus was changed by the responses that I got. And now I want to push the idea that who you are is what you love. At the end of the day, the gym bodies, the clothing, the cars, that will all fade away. What is left is the person. The heart. The soul. That is what is important. That is the edge of glory.

People ask what is real in the video, what is not. It is ALL real for the people that desire it to be. There is a lot of truth on that screen. Let’s continue to show it. The Link is http://youtu.be/be9w4QpQ4Xw.. Please repost it, blog it, link it, Facebook it, tweet it. Let’s send a message. If we can change even one heart we can change the world. We are giving youth hope. Let’s not stop now.

With full thanks, and best regards,

Jason O’Ffill
Share this article :

Post a Comment

Support : Copyright © 2011. horney paper storms - All Rights Reserved
Proudly powered by Blogger