Latest Movie :

Birthday philosophizing

First of all, thank you to everyone who took the time to wish me a happy birthday! You guys are the best! It was a lot of fun reading through all your comments and I could feel all your hugs!

So I guess I can say goodbye to my teenage years and move full steam ahead into official adulthood! It's funny how in one way I feel exactly the same as always, but when I remind myself that I'm 20 now, it sorta feels like I have to sit up a little straighter and have a slightly more serious look on my face!

Just for fun I was practicing that look on Sunday while I was waiting for Matty to get out of the shower. I was standing in front of the mirror in the dining room trying on several "adult" looks when all of a sudden I heard Matty clear his throat. I couldn't see him in the mirror since it's not in the right position so I had one of those startle responses you get when you've been caught doing something embarrassing. You probably know that feeling, right?

Well, as embarrassed as I felt, he was merciful and didn't make it worse by making me feel like a little kid. I mean, after all I'm an "adult" now, right?

I was trying to act like nothing out of the ordinary was happening. "I'm cool. Just checking my hair in the mirror." This is aka the "adult" response, but inside it was like I was 13 and had been caught masturbating while my Skype webcam was still on after talking to my grandparents who hadn't disconnected yet! This is aka the "kid" response.

Thinking about it now is kinda funny but I guess it takes some time to go from "kidhood" to "adulthood." I think the best thing for me to do is just be myself. I'm still a kid in some ways and I'm also an adult in others. It's not like I have to be one or the other. I'm both. And in some ways, I hope I never lose some of my "kid" ways. And I also hope I never become "just" an adult with no "kid" parts to who I am.

Whew! Somebody give me a PhD. How's that for a philosophical outlook on birthdays? LOL!

I had a HUGE surprise celebration on Saturday night, which was organized by Matty and I can't wait to tell you about it. So I'm going to leave this as a cliffhanger for now. I guess the "kid" part of me is in charge of cliffhangers. The "adult" part will be writing a more well thought out post. But then again, maybe I'll get both parts to write it. Oh well. Stay tuned!
Share this article :

Post a Comment

Support : Copyright © 2011. horney paper storms - All Rights Reserved
Proudly powered by Blogger