Latest Movie :

Pet Peeve

I woke up yesterday morning and was listening to some news on TV and started getting in an irritable mood, so this may just be you getting to see my petty side. I thought if I just wrote this out it might help me get rid of some of my irritability. Or it might just make me more irritable. Anyway, here goes.

Every time I see or hear the term "gay marriage," something inside me cringes. I know all the reasons people use this term, and to be honest, I've used it many times myself. But the more I think about it, the more irritable I get.

I'm not trying to be the PC police here. If you use the term, fine. It's not like I would ever say you're a bad person or that it's a "make or break" deal with me. Like I say, I've used the term myself and probably will use it again. It still irritates me, though.

The term I really like is "marriage equality." Nobody goes around talking about "straight marriage," so why are we talking about "gay marriage"? Shouldn't we just be talking about "Marriage"? Marriage for everyone? "Marriage Equality"? Isn't that what this is all about? Equality?
Calling it "gay marriage" sorta makes it sound like there are two different categories of marriage. At least to my ears. We're not talking about setting up two different categories of marriage. This is about "Marriage." One category. Period.

Okay. End of rant. I feel a little better now. Thanks for listening.

What do you think?
Share this article :

Post a Comment

Support : Copyright © 2011. horney paper storms - All Rights Reserved
Proudly powered by Blogger