Latest Movie :

An Open Letter to Brad

Dear Brad,

Thank you for your trust in agreeing to let me send you this "open" letter on our blog without you reading if first. 

I want you to know I understand how hard it was for you to write about that first "crisis" we went through after only a month into our relationship. We talked about the pros and cons of being so public about your fears of confronting me with your feelings and also about how I felt about everyone knowing about my ADHD.

I loved seeing how you went about making the decision to put yourself out there in such a public setting and be totally honest and vulnerable about how you felt. And also about how you were so sensitive to how I felt about something that is still very personal (and basically private) to me.

Reading what you wrote meant a lot to me and I want you to know how much I respect and admire your courage. I know it was a hard thing to confront me so many months ago and then to find the words to share it with others here. I'm hopeful that others will benefit from seeing how you figured out how to bring all this up to me. It's never easy to tell someone you care about that you're feeling scared or confused or even angry.

I also want to thank you for the progress I'm making in not feeling so ashamed or embarassed about the ADHD. This is directly connected to our talks about it and what you wrote here the past two days. I know I'm not suppose to blame myself because it's something I didn't cause, but I guess with all the negative experiences I had growing up connected to it, it's always had this "stigma" thing attached to it.

I don't want to make this a "sappy" letter because that's not how I'm feeling. We've always agreed to be truthful with each other, and I can say without any hesitation that I love you beyond words. I never thought I would ever deserve to have someone like you in my life. And I can't imagine what my life would be like without you in it.

Love (pure and simple),

Matt

P.S. - Wanna go out tonight for dinner at our favorite restaurant and then back to my place for "sleep-over dessert"? No limit on servings, of course!
==============================================================
Share this article :

Post a Comment

Support : Copyright © 2011. horney paper storms - All Rights Reserved
Proudly powered by Blogger