Latest Movie :

Just a Short Update

It's hard to believe we're down to the wire with our move. The people currently in the house are moving out on Thursday so we'll start moving things in on Friday. The bed will be delivered on Saturday, October 1st (you know the one, for the Master Sex Chamber!). So, that will be our first night there.

We're going to use Friday to make sure the former tenants did a good job of cleaning and probably move in a few things that day. Plus we need to make sure some of the "essentials" are in place for BIP-AHHM on Saturday, like plenty of cool drinking water, lots of snacks, plates, forks, spoons, pots and pans and all the ingredients for the Thank You Spaghetti Dinner I'm cooking for everyone (thanks for that great suggestion, C.J.).

I feel really good about this move. I'm glad I have lots more time than Matty so I can take care of all the details and coordinate everything and he gets to devote his time to his schoolwork.

This is not only really exciting, but I have to say it's also a little daunting. Not only is the actual moving of "stuff" pretty involved, but it's a little bit nerve-wracking (is that even a word?). I mean, I think it's going to feel a little bit weird to not be living at home with our parents and sibs, but instead to have this whole house to ourselves that we're going to make into "our" home. It feels like a HUGE grown-up thing to do. I mean, all the responsibility involved.

At first it felt like it was going to be all "fun and games." I'm sure it will be fun once we get settled. But then there's this feeling we're moving into another phase of our relationship. It's kind of hard to explain, but it just feels like a huge responsibility. And we're just moving across town and it's not like we're leaving our family and friends and starting a whole new life in some unfamiliar part of the country.

I'm sure it will be fine. I'm trying to enjoy the process of getting ready to move. Then I want to enjoy the actual moving. Then, finally, I want to enjoy what lies ahead of us once we're actually in the house.

It may sound silly, but I've been thinking a lot about the difference between a "house" and a "home." We're moving into a "house," the actual building. But what's inside that building will be our "home." That's what we're creating. A little daunting, yes. But that's what love is all about.
Share this article :

Post a Comment

Support : Copyright © 2011. horney paper storms - All Rights Reserved
Proudly powered by Blogger