Latest Movie :

Nervous About My First Date

I got asked out on a first date yesterday. 

It's the first time anyone ever asked me for a Wednesday date. He's coming over to pick me up at 7:00 tonight.

The thing I don't like about a first date is how nervous you always are. It's almost like an audition. You want to make sure you wear the right clothes, fix your hair just right, apply just the hint of a little eyeliner, etc.

But you don't want to overdo it. It's crazy I know, but you definitely don't want to end up looking like you're going on a first date! For a first date I always like to dress casual but not in that "I shop at Wal-Mart" way.

You also don't want the guy who asked you out to think you put all this time into how you look because then he's going to think you're all about appearance. When he knocks on the door, you want him to have a good impression of how you look, but you don't want him to think, "I wonder what he really looks like in normal life."

And then there's the whole thing about making conversation. You don't want to come across sounding like you've never been on a date before. You want to make sure you say the right things but you also want to make sure you don't say the wrong things so you end up sounding like you're really nervous.

Geez. All this effort to captivate a guy when he's probably just as nervous as you are.

I'm not even sure where he's taking me because he said he'd like to surprise me. He had the sexiest smile when he told me that. And those eyes had some kind of sparkle.

I wonder if he's already planning on trying to get me in bed after this first date? That look he had when he asked me out was saying more than just, "Would you like to go out?"

Hmmmm. He was hot, though. I have to decide if I'm "that kind of guy" just this once. 

Well, I'm going to try and relax about this and not stress out. I've got some time until he gets here at 7:00 tonight, so I'm just going to try and remember that sexy smile and those sparkly eyes he showed me.

I'm also going to be practicing what to say when I open the door for him. I think I'll just go with something simple. "Hi Matt, come on in. Oh, are those flowers for me? Nice. Thank you."
Share this article :

Post a Comment

Support : Copyright © 2011. horney paper storms - All Rights Reserved
Proudly powered by Blogger