Latest Movie :

Just a kid in the snow!


Photo credit: Wikimedia Commons
 Okay, I admit it. I'm a big ol' kid when it snows!

While we were out in the Berkshires visiting our friends this past week, we got snow and I swear I was in heaven.

I've always liked how everything seems to be transformed into what looks like a fantasy world. Whoever came up with the name Winter Wonderland was a kindred spirit of mine!

You go to bed at night and wake up the next morning and it's almost like you've been magically transported to another world. I swear it brings out the kid in me. I probably regress back to about 5 or 6 years old!

While Eileen was teaching Bradley how to crochet (or knit... or something along those lines), Tim and I put on our snowshoes and went out to explore this new world we woke up to. I swear my eyes were as big as saucers as we took in the beauty.

Later in the day after the snow had stopped, we all went outside in their front yard and watched Eileen and Bradley build a snow man. Or maybe it was a snow woman... or maybe that snow person was transgender. It had something resembling eyeliner, and I have no idea how they got the lips so red, like lipstick! All I know is when they finished, it was a thing of beauty. Magical beauty.

We're back home now but our Wonderland followed us here. We went to bed last night with maybe an inch or so of snow on the ground. When we woke up this morning, it looks like we might have a half-foot of magical beauty out there.

I got so excited before we went to bed last night. I had my snow shovel all ready, my winter jacket, my wool cap, my scarf, and my gloves waiting for me this morning! I absolutely can't wait to get out and shovel this Magic Wonder!

Then we're going up and down the street to see if we can help some neighbors shovel their Magic Wonder. There's an elderly couple we always keep our eyes on since their children are out of town, so we'll go check on them. One of the highlights of our day will be to enjoy some homemade hot chocolate with them afterwards and hear stories about some of the snows they've experienced in their life.

Ahhhh. Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!
Share this article :

Post a Comment

Support : Copyright © 2011. horney paper storms - All Rights Reserved
Proudly powered by Blogger