Latest Movie :

Just who are we?

I know this post is not directly directly related to our relationship, but for the life of me I can't seem to form an opinion of my own about this issue.

You know the term "LGBT" or "LGBTQ"? I've been reading some discussions online about what to call the community and there doesn't seem to be any consensus about the name.

Some are saying maybe the word "queer" can be an "umbrella" term.

Then there's the acronym "QUILTBAG" (Queer/Questioning, Unidentified, Intersex, Lesbian, Transgender, Bisexual, Asexual, and Gay). Sorry, but this term makes me think of the term "dirtbag" and "douchebag."

Then there's "GSM," for gender sexual minority.

Then there's just "gay" to include everybody, but there are feelings that this has traditionally been used to refer only to men.

There's the term "homosexual" which makes me gag every time I hear it or see it in print. For some reason that word sounds so ugly. I think it's because I found out that word was the diagnostic term used to describe a mental illness until it was removed in 1973.

I honestly have no idea about which term or acronym to use. I know there are pros and cons to each one, but I'm clueless as to what my opinion is. I've always just used the acronym LGBT without giving it much thought. But I'm starting to realize that the Community is so extremely diverse and includes so many different orientations and gender identities that it seems to complicate an "umbrella" term.

What term do you use as an "umbrella" term for the Community? And if you're comfortable, how did you decide to use that term? No arguments, please. Just some honest discussion. Thanks!

Share this article :

Post a Comment

Support : Copyright © 2011. horney paper storms - All Rights Reserved
Proudly powered by Blogger