Latest Movie :

Horny & Hyper on the Loose


I was bored a couple of weeks ago and looking for a good read that would help me get focused. I mentioned elsewhere in the blog that I was diagnosed with ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder) when I was a little kid. I won't go into all the details again, but it's always been hell for me when I'm bored. My brain is always looking for something to lock in on and I have to be aware that I can be somewhat annoying to others when I'm bored.

So, when I'm by myself and bored, I sometimes head on over to Google and start typing away. I'm like a heat-seeking missile (oh wait, that's what Brad sometimes calls my dick ... see how easily distracted I can get!!) trying to zero in on something interesting.

So, just out of wild and idle curiosity I headed over to a publisher where I've bought some books before. I landed on the website of Loose-id Publishers and on a wild hunch, I typed in "ADHD" in their search engine. I wasn't seriously expecting anything, but what do you know, this book popped up! I couldn't believe it! Here's what the brief blurb said before I sent the site my money:

         Max has always been edgy and moody, the poster boy for ADHD. The two constants in his life  were his big brother and his crush, his brother’s best friend. With his brother gone, Max wants to come out to Daniel...if only Daniel will cooperate.

Whoa! "...edgy and moody..." I've been called that when the Hyper Demon is in charge!

"...the poster boy for ADHD..." Well, put my mug shot there!

So, I was a little excited on the one hand but also a little apprehensive on the other. I mean, excited because I'd never imagined a M/M romance story where the leading character had ADHD. A little apprehensive because I wondered if the story was going to highlight his ADHD and make fun of him.

So I looked up the author's bio and read that she "...spends her time writing, editing, raising adolescents, taking care of an elderly mother, and dealing with a hyperactive husband (he says he's just very energetic)."

Okay, so maybe this is going to be cool. The author apparently has (at least that's how I read it) a husband with some type of attention disorder. So, maybe she'll treat the kid (he just started college) with some sympathy or compassion.

Well, I think she succeeded. She doesn't over-emphasize his hyperactivity and the character (named "Max," what else?) really grabs your heart.

So, image that! Being bored this time really payed off. My heat-seeking missile hit it's target. This is a relatively short story (only about 70 pages) and I ended up falling for Max. Here's the rest of the blurb:

Max knows his family and friends aren’t sure what to make of his moods and impulses. But he’s in college now and ready to show them he’s grown up and ready to make mature choices. At least he’s ready for a serious relationship and almost ready to tell his family he’s gay. He could use a little help, though.

With his loving big brother gone forever, who is left to ask for help? Daniel Rocco, his brother’s best friend and his longtime crush, of course. Daniel is solid and reliable--the opposite of Max. But for some reason, Daniel seems terrified of what Max might do next.
Share this article :

Post a Comment

Support : Copyright © 2011. horney paper storms - All Rights Reserved
Proudly powered by Blogger