Latest Movie :

Memory Lane

Brad and I both appreciate all your supportive comments yesterday. It still amazes us that things seem to be falling into place like they are.

After doing all our happy dances this week, I think we can now forgo our exercise routines for a while! What a whirlwind!!

I'm still having all kinds of trouble getting back into my normal sleep pattern. I've overslept a few times and have had to work a little later to make up for missed time at work, but my boss has been very understanding. I just explained what's been happening and promised not to be late again. He's very happy for Brad and I, but, like he said, work is work and I have to be able to  keep up with all my responsibilities (how many times have I heard that all my life?).

Whenever major good things happen in my life, my brain does all kinds of things that make it hard for me to focus. Exercising always helps and I've become a bicycling fanatic over the years. I've also learned a lot of mediation techniques and breathing exercises. But if I'm really keyed up at night, I've found that writing in my journal is one of the best ways to get all my thoughts out of my head and on to paper. I can then tell myself that whatever I'm thinking about will be there in the morning, and I can usually settle down to sleep.

Well, last night I went back in my journey to read what I had written the night of my eighteenth birthday party, the day I also met Brad for the very first time. I rarely let anybody read what I've written, but I was showing Brad the entry for that day. It was the first time he had read it and it brought up all kinds of happy memories for us both. So, I thought I'd share a little bit of it here, a little stroll down memory lane:

May 8. Why can't I fall asleep tonight? It's almost midnight and I should be totally drained. I know it's not the excitement of turning 18, even though that's a big deal. I know it's not the birthday party, which was the best one I've ever had.

Who am I kidding? I know exactly why I can't sleep tonight. I met the most beautiful boy today and I can't stop thinking about him. And I don't want to stop thinking about him.

It's funny but I hope I don't go to sleep tonight. I want to stay up all night remembering everything that happened.

I've seen hot guys before -- plenty of them. Thinking about some of them has kept me awake before, but I usually drift off to sleep after a while.

But this guy I met today -- his name is BRAD -- is different somehow. I can't get him out of my mind. I don't want to go to sleep because I'll start dreaming about other things and if I stay awake, then I can keep thinking about him. Remembering his lips, his eyes, his shy smile -- that adorable way he would just slightly tilt his head when I was talking to him.

Well, he gave me his phone number. And I asked him out to a movie next weekend -- and he said YES! So, OK, maybe that's enough for now. Oh wait, maybe I can convince my brain to dream about him tonight. I'll keep saying his name over and over again. Maybe that'll work! BRAD! I really like that name. BRAD. Hope you're having sweet dreams too, BRAD.
Share this article :

Post a Comment

Support : Copyright © 2011. horney paper storms - All Rights Reserved
Proudly powered by Blogger