Latest Movie :

We're Moving in Together! ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ (Magic in the Woods & Happily Ever After, pt 3)

Just so there's no confusion, this post is actually PART 3 of the past two posts entitled: Magic in the Woods & Happily Ever After.

First of all, an apology for all the cliffhangers we've been leaving. I think sometimes the posts we write are too long and maybe we could shorten things quite a bit. Maybe after taking my English Composition class in college I'll learn some editing skills. In the meantime, please bear with me!

So, as Brad mentioned yesterday, we are so happy about where things stand in terms of college! Can you believe it? There's a huge liklihood that he'll get approved for admission at the same college I'll be attending in January! He's still waiting for word on being able to possibly take one or two courses for the Fall term on a provisional basis.

So now for the other BIG news:

♥♥♥♥♥ We're moving in together!!! ♥♥♥♥

My grandparents asked to see Brad and I this past Sunday. They already knew that on Saturday we were going away for the day to talk about our future, especially about how going to college would fit into everything.

We had seen Gran and Papa a number of times over the past few months and they've always given us such good advice about this issue. I'll probably write more about them at some point, because they've been a HUGE influence in my life in so many ways.

Well, let's see if I can impose whatever editing skills I have and make this a short post. My Gran always says to make things "short-and-sweet."

I've mentioned before that I have two brothers, one younger and one older. Well, my grandparents have been gradually letting us in on some things in their Will that pertain to each of us. My older brother is engaged to be married later this year, so they met with the two of them and went over what they're going to inherit. But they're giving us our inheritances, or at least a part of it, a little early. Gran is always fond of saying, "Why do you boys have to wait until I die? Especially if it would help you now?" Always the practical person!

Gran and Papa, in addition to owning their own home, also own three other houses they rent out for rental income. So, okay, I'll get to the point (again!). In their Will they have it stipulated that I am going to inherit ownership of one of the houses when I turn 21. They said that was going to remain as it is. However, the tenants in the house I'm suppose to get have bought their own home and will be moving out on the last day of September.

What they offered us was the opportunity to go ahead and move in the house as renters. But there are two stipulations: The first one is that we have to agree to make all kinds of renovations and repairs. The house is actually in very good shape as it is, but they made this offer so I can draw up some plans to make it like I want it. 

They know I love doing this kind of stuff -- working with my hands, making repairs, building things... So, I'll be making and putting in new kitchen cabinets, painting both the inside and outside, putting in all new windows, refinishing the hardwood floors, redesigning the kitchen (knocking out a wall between the kitchen and a small pantry room adjoining it to make the kitchen larger), put in new kitchen counters and build a freestanding kitchen island. We also are going to build and install bookcases in both the living room and the small bedroom (which we want to use as a study of some kind). They also want some other things done to all three bedrooms.

Hey, I know it sounds like a lot, but, well, that's exactly what I do for a living right now! A lot of work, yeah, but right up my alley. Plus, I'll have my very own "assistant," who goes by the name of Brad! (Okay, okay, he told me we're going to both be equals, so I'll sorta be the Foreman and he can be the Apprentice Foreman!)

The second stipulation is that Brad and I have to jointly share the rent, which is no problem. They said in exchange for all the labor costs they would have normally paid to have the renovations done, they're going to drastically slash the rent (they're paying for all the material). All said and done, we're going to be paying an unbelievably low amount. We just have to get all the work done before I turn 21. So, I turned nineteen 3 months ago, so we have a little under two years!

But, you know what? As excited as I am to be doing all this work, NOTHING equals the excitement of moving in together with the love of my life! I know I've been rambling on about working on the house, but ALL Brad and I have been talking about is what our life is going to be like now that, (1) we don't have to be separated, (2) we're most likely going to the same college together, and (3) we're going to be living together! Not in my wildest dreams could I have predicted this!

So, we've worn ourselves out doing all kinds of happy dances! I haven't been able to get enough sleep because I'm too excited. I'm dragging my butt to work, but I know I'm not at my best. I can't keep my mind focused on all this good news!

Oops, sorry for making this post so long, but you still love me (us), right? Plus, there's no cliffhanger! I think (at least for now) this is all the news in this saga. I know it's all the news I can handle at this point! So I gotta get my ass in gear and head for work.

Oh, one more thing (there's always "one more thing" with me when it comes to talking!):

I so much believe in Magic! And I so much believe in Happily Ever After!

 ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥  And I so much love Brad! ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Share this article :

Post a Comment

Support : Copyright © 2011. horney paper storms - All Rights Reserved
Proudly powered by Blogger