Latest Movie :

Reviewing my resolve, part 3

After all my obsessing about writing this post, I finally decided enough (obsessing) is enough! I get in these moods sometimes where I think I have to be perfect -- I'm sure I'm the only person in the world who ever feels they have to sometimes be perfect, right? ;)

Anyway. I decided to just make this simple to see if I could pull it off. So here goes:

CHALLENGE #1:

If you've followed the blog for a while, there have been a number of references to my desire to be a parent. I haven't written about it lately but it's something that's been on my mind since probably high school.

So the challenge to myself for this year is to make some calls and attend some groups for gay men who are considering parenting.

There is a health center here in Boston that specializes in LGBT issues and they have a program in their behavioral health section called "LGBT Family and Parenting Services." They have an 8-week discussion and support group called, LGBT Considering Parenting Group and I'm planning on calling to get information about the next series.

CHALLENGE #2:

I wrote a while back (post on August 23) that one of my life adventures is to hike the entire Appalachian Trail. This can take anywhere from 5 to 7 months to complete (going all the way from Georgia to Maine). I haven't set a date yet but I'm challenging myself to begin a more concentrated physical training program so I'll have the proper muscles in good shape and so my cardiovascular system will keep those muscles well-nourished and my lungs at maximum capacity.

I've gotten some really good suggestions about proper training on some forums from some "Thru-Hikers" and I've also been corresponding with a couple of people from this area who are interested in going on some weekend day hikes at some mountain ranges in New Hampshire.

CHALLENGE #3:

I've been doing a lot of work this past year on a number of renovations to the house. Back in August of 2011 we posted this explaining that my grandparents (Gran and Papa) are giving me and my two brothers some of our inheritance while they're still alive. Since I'll be inheriting the house on my 21st birthday (less than 4 months from now) I need to step up some of the major renovations I promised them in exchange for a reduction in the rent we've been paying.

So I'm challenging myself to complete these major renovations before I turn 21. And in order to complete this challenge, I'm shopping for my very own pickup  truck! I won't have to rely on my friends to help me haul lumber and other building materials. I'm frankly not at all interested in one of those Macho Muscle Monster trucks either. I'm being very practical and trying to get something that will help me accomplish my sole purpose in owning a truck, which is to haul lumber and building material. Once it's served it's purpose, I'll probably get rid of it.

So there you have it. My challenges to myself for 2013.
Share this article :

Post a Comment

Support : Copyright © 2011. horney paper storms - All Rights Reserved
Proudly powered by Blogger